Schedule of Events
Graduate Student Loan Exit Session presented by Doctors W/O Quarters
Registration information emailed to graduates
Friday, May 15, 2020
1:00 - 2:50 PM
All graduates required
Saturday, May 16, 2020
1:00 - 2:00 PM
Graduation Announcements, Diploma Frames, Academic Regalia & Extra Commencement Programs
To order personalized commencement announcements, visit the Balfour site.
To order customized diploma frames, visit the Elite Frames site.
Academic regalia (tam, hood, and gown all included in the purchased package) may be ordered from Oak Hall through May 1.
Each student will receive a box from PNWU with their graduation stole, commemorative tassel, diploma cover, any award certificates, alumni key chain and license plate cover, and a commencement program. A limited number of extra commencement programs are available. Request extra commencement programs by emailing your mailing address to Ann Acob, Executive Assistant to the Provost or call her at 509.249.7810.
How long will I have access to my university email address?
As alumni, you will continue to have access to your pnwu.edu email indefinitely, however, PNWU must change the licensing on Office 365 to reflect your alumni status in June 2020 and this will cause you to lose access to other services from your school account like SharePoint and OneDrive. You may have been synchronizing files from your laptop up to OneDrive or perhaps you saved files within OneNote up to your personal SharePoint site. Any files you wish to keep must be saved to another location before PNWU makes the licensing change or you will permanently lose access to them. In addition, this change may affect the copy of Microsoft Office you have installed on your laptop or mobile device if it was downloaded from Office 365 or if it is using your PNWU account for licensing.
You can access your current files by logging into Office 365 then select OneDrive. There are several options for free cloud storage where you can move your files, Microsoft’s OneDrive Personal which includes 5GB and Google Drive which includes 15GB.
How can I stay connected?
The most important role for every member of the Alumni Association is to keep the University updated on your progress throughout residency and into your practice. The best way to keep us updated is by following the link to the Alumni Services webpage. Here, you can update your bio, and submit residency or practice information.
Congratulations, you are in your final days of being a student doctor. Please review the information and contact Enrollment Services if you have questions, email@example.com or 509.249.7888.
Monitoring your Checklist on Self-Service to ensure degree requirements are complete.
- Add diploma mailing address on My Profile tab prior to May 1, 2020
- The diploma will be mailed, to the diploma address provided in Self-Service, within two to three weeks after the commencement ceremony as long as all graduation requirements are verified as complete.
- Formal Clinical Presentation
- Your Regional Assistant Dean will complete the evaluation for your formal clinical presentation in E*Value
- Clinical Education will compile a report of completed presentations and Registrar will update the student's Checklist on Self-Service
- Review with Regional Assistant Dean
- Your Regional Assistant Dean will complete the evaluation for your review in E*Value
- Clinical Education will compile a report of completed reviews and Registrar will update the student's Checklist on Self-Service
- Complete the AACOM Graduating Student Survey
- You will receive an email with a link to the survey. Your response is important for developing public policy on financing medical education
- Individual responses are confidential, the data is used for research purposes
- Registrar will receive a list of completed surveys and update the student's Checklist on Self-Service
- Complete Federal Student Loan Exit Counseling
- Financial Aid will receive a list of completed counseling and Registrar will update the student's Checklist on Self-Service
- PNWU Financial Aid is always available for questions and counseling regarding your loan debt. A PNWU specific group presentation will be held during the graduating student exit session, Friday before graduation. Those unable to attend at that time may join a general medical student presentation by Doctors w/o Quarters.
- Financial Obligations
- Pay any outstanding charges on your student account using the Make Payment button on the Finances tab of Self-Service