The 1998 Higher Education Act required colleges and universities to distribute paper copies of in-state voter registration forms to students prior to their home state’s voter registration deadline. This requirement applied to all federal and gubernatorial elections, as well as to special elections for such offices.
The 2008 reauthorization of the Higher Education Act clarified the use of email messages with links to state registration forms as acceptable, as long as the messages are exclusively devoted to voter registration. The complete statute may be located on the SEC. 487. [20 U.S.C. 1094] PROGRAM PARTICIPATION AGREEMENTS page.
Pacific Northwest University has provided some resources links below regarding voter registration, deadline dates, and how to get involved.
- U.S. Vote Foundation - absentee ballot request and voter registration services for all U.S. Voters in All States at Home and Abroad.
- Your VOTE, Your VOICE - Higher Education's National Campus Voter Registration Project
- Your VOTE, Your VOICE Resources - selected online resources on elections, politics, registration, and election news sources.
- PNWU Student Government Association (SGA)- the official voice for students, acting as a liaison for the student body, promoting health care professions, supporting club and classroom activities, and working to improve the quality of life for all PNWU students. Get involved today!
- Voter Registration Forms: