Annual Notice and Consumer Information
In compliance with federal and state guidelines we are providing resources and links to general information pertaining to Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences. This information is provided for faculty, staff, students; prospective and currently enrolled, as well as consumers and the general public.
- Academic policies and procedures may be found in the Student Catalog and Handbook
- Financial assistance, scholarship and estimated cost of attendance
- Information regarding performance, enrollment, graduation rates, and residency placement
- Voter information and registration for the Northwest
- Update your address and phone number in self-service
- Oregon Residents Tuition Refund Policy and Oregon Residence Information Affidavit
In addition, we want to take this opportunity to give you a brief summary of your rights under The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, the federal law that governs release of and access to student education records. These rights include:
- The right to inspect and review your education record.
- Students who believe their education records contain information that is inaccurate, misleading, or held in violation of privacy rights or other rights, may ask the University to amend a record.
- The right to consent disclosure of personally identifiable information contained in your education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent.
- The right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by PNWU to comply with the requirements of FERPA.
- The right to withhold the release of directory information. To do so, you must complete a “Request for Non-disclosure of Directory Information” form that is available on the student forms page.
Release of student record information is generally not done without the expressed, written consent of the student; however, there are some exceptions.
For example, directory information includes the following, and may be released without the student’s consent: Student name, university and permanent home address, telephone number, e-mail address, photograph, date of birth, dates of attendance, enrollment status, class, major or field of study, previous institutions attended, awards and honors (including honor roll), degrees conferred (including dates), residency placement, participation in officially recognized activities.