The Capitol Theatre is wheelchair accessible, and special seating is available on the orchestra level of the theatre. An elevator designed for handicapped patrons is available for travel between the orchestra level and the lower level only. Restrooms are located on the mezzanine and lower level.
Tickets are not required. Seating is on a first-come/first-served basis and the saving of seats prior to ceremony will not be permitted. If your family or group would like to sit together at the ceremony, please arrive early.
Travel and Driving Direction
- By Plane: Yakima Air Terminal (YKM) is a commuter airport. Connections are via Seattle-Tacoma International Airport and provided by Horizon/Alaska Air.
- By Bus: Greyhound buses arrive into and depart from Yakima daily. The Yakima Greyhound station is located in the Brewer Mini Mart II at 3922 Fruitvale Blvd, Yakima WA, 98901.
- By Car: Yakima is located along Interstate 82, approximately 143 miles southeast of Seattle, 204 miles southwest of Spokane, and 80 miles northwest of the Tri-Cities (Richland-Kennewick-Pasco).
From Seattle, take I-90 East to the I-82 off ramp, Exit 110 and travel for approximately 25 miles.
From Spokane, take I-90 West until exit 110, I-82 East, and travel for approximately 25 miles.
From the Tri-Cities, take I-82 West until exit 33. Merge onto East Yakima Avenue.
A scenic alternative route from the Ellensburg region is the Old Canyon Highway, SR 821, a two-lane road that winds through the Yakima River gorge between Exits 3 and 26, bypassing the interstate over the mountain ridges. During the daytime, the views are lovely and there are several spots midway to stop, fish, and even camp.
- Directions to the Capital Theatre: Coming from the north (Ellensburg) I-82 South: Take the Yakima Avenue Exit 33B. Turn right at the top of the exit and follow E. Yakima Avenue to South Third Street. Coming from the south (Sunnyside/Tri-Cities) I-82 North: Take the Yakima Avenue Exit 33 and stay left toward Yakima Avenue. Continue on E. Yakima Avenue to South 3rd Street.
- Parking: Parking at the Capitol Theatre is in public lots located on 3rd Street between W. Yakima Avenue and E. Chestnut Avenue and on North 2nd Street between E. Yakima Avenue and East "A" Street. There is also street parking available.