Contact Dr. Lei Ye for assistance in designing and developing your PWNU courses. She can help with:
- Organizing your Moodle course for easier navigation
- Creating pre-recorded learning materials
- Engaging your students with active learning strategies
- Designing learning experience with new academic technologies
- Enhancing your technological knowledge and teaching skills
Teaching and Learning Technologies
Access syllabus, course materials, and more.
Camtasia | Green Screen Recording
Record your screen, edit video and create learning modules.
Assessment and Evaluation Technologies
Track academic progress and provide academic advising. This is our academic dashboard for students, advisors, and course directors to view grades.
Deliver assessments in secure or non-secure environment and generate reports.
Access rotation scheduling, evaluations, immunization records, and more.
iPads are used throughout the medical curriculum and are handed out to all incoming osteopathic students.
iPads are used:
- To access free and low-cost medical apps
- To take quizzes and exams
- For reading eBooks
- For accessing/reading electronic library materials
- Email and Calendaring
- Viewing learning materials (PowerPoints, PDFs, etc.) available on Moodle
- Manipulating histology slides using Google Maps technology
- Facetime / Skype with fellow students and faculty
- Viewing recorded lectures
- As an aid to reducing the amount of printing on campus
- iPad 9.7" 2018 Model (128 GB) WIFI Only
iPad Support Documents
iPad Apps provided by PNWU
Recommended Apps for Osteopathic Medical Education
- iPad Applications (including Apps to access content provided by the PNWU Library)
PNWU offers students, staff, and faculty access to a recording studio for use in lecture recording, podcasting, and other recording needs.
Reserve studio online
- The recording studio is available 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday
- Reservation link: https://calendar.pnwu.edu/portal/
Request the key from Help Desk
- Check out the key on the day of your reservation
- Show reservation approval to Help Desk staff to get the key
- Return the key on the same day
Use the studio
- Check the equipment/space and report loss or damage to Help Desk before your recording
- Windows computer and dual monitors
- Yeti USB microphone
Green screen backgrounds
For tech assistance, contact Help Desk (X7777)
Clean up the studio and return the key
- Log off the computer
- Return the equipment to original positions
- Turn off the lights
- Lock the Studio door
- Return the key to Help Desk
PNWU Recording Studio Usage Agreement
The studio is used for PNWU educational or marketing purposes and in accordance with the Network Acceptable Use Policy.
- Videos created in the studio are PNWU intellectual property and PNWU owns the copyright.
- The studio is self-service:
- User is required to reserve the studio 24 hrs prior to the usage.
- User is responsible for storing the recording on appropriate devices.
- User is responsible to clean up the space and return the key on the same day.
- Limited tech support will be available during 8-5 Monday through Friday.
- User is responsible to check the equipment/space and report damage/loss to Help Desk before their use.