PNWU Student Printing
PNWU allocated print credit will expire at the end of each year and reset. Any credit purchased during the year will carry over to the next year.First and second year students receive $150 of printing credit, third and fourth year students receive a $75 credit. Additional credit can be purchased online if needed.
Printing will be tracked and charged to your printing account.
- $.05 per page for B&W prints (.03 per side for duplex)
- $.15 per page for color prints (.09 per side for duplex)
Students will need to install print tracking software (see Papercut Print Client) while on campus.
Copying is restricted on all student copiers. Students may scan to email on all copy machines and then print to one of the printers.
Students may copy library materials on the Library copy machine.
PaperCut Mobility Print - Mac OS
- Navigate to System Preferences > Printers and Scanners.
- Select the printers to be removed –select multiple by holding the Shift key and clicking on the printer names
- Click on the – icon to remove the printers
- Navigate to System Preferences > Printers and Scanners.
- Click the + icon under the Printers List.
- The Add dialog is displayed. It displays a list of all of the discovered printers on the network.
- Select the printers the you want to install
|Printers For Mac|
|Black Double-Sided @ MacPrint|
|Color Double-Sided @ MacPrint|
|Black Single-Sided @ MacPrint|
|Color Single-Sided @ MacPrint|
- The Secure AirPrint option will be selected automatically. If Secure AirPrint isn't displayed:
- Close the Add dialog.
- Disconnect from the network, then reconnect to it again.
- Check if you can see Secure AirPrint now. If you can't, contact the help desk for assistance.
- Click Add.
- Open Finder and go to Applications
- Drag and drop PCClient to the trash
- Depending on your security settings, you may be prompted to enter your computer password
Partner Organization Student Printing
PNWU provides access to printing for students enrolled in the partner programs on campus. Students must be setup with personal accounts for tracking printing in order to take advantage of this access. If you have not received information about your printing account, please contact your program administration and they will coordinate with the PNWU Technology Services department.
There are three physical printers available to students for printing on campus.
- BHH Copier - located in Butler-Haney Hall in the foyer area.
- BHH Upstairs - located in Butler-Haney Hall at the top of the stairs in the foyer area.
- UCC Copier - located in the University Conference Center near the study rooms.
Each of these printers has four printing modes to produce different output types:
- Black Single - black & white (grayscale), single-sided
- Black Duplex - black & white (grayscale), double-sided
- Color Single - color, single-sided
- Color Duplex - color, double-sided
The printing methods available to partner program students allow for printing of the following file types:
- Microsoft Word - doc, docx, rtf
- Microsoft Excel - xls, xlsx
- Microsoft PowerPoint - ppt, pptx
- Image Files - bmp, gif, jpeg, png, tif
- PDF Files
Any other files types can be converted to PDF for printing through a local PDF printer that most current computers have.
Email to Print
- The printing system will only accept email from your school account (i.e. @pnwu.edu, @heritage.edu, @wsu.edu)
- Attach the document or file you would like to print to a new email message and send it to the appropriate printer's email address based on the output type desired.
- BHH Downstairs Black Single - firstname.lastname@example.org
- BHH Downstairs Black Duplex - email@example.com
- BHH Downstairs Color Single - firstname.lastname@example.org
- BHH Downstairs Color Duplex - email@example.com
- BHH Upstairs Black Single - firstname.lastname@example.org
- BHH Upstairs Black Duplex - email@example.com
- BHH Upstairs Color Single- firstname.lastname@example.org
- BHH Upstairs Color Duplex - email@example.com
- UCC Copier Black Single - firstname.lastname@example.org
- UCC Copier Black Duplex - email@example.com
- UCC Copier Color Single - firstname.lastname@example.org
- UCC Copier Color Duplex - email@example.com
- You will receive an email within 60 seconds with a link to login to your printing account and confirm the print job. This must be completed or the printing will not begin.
- Once logged in to your printing account, you will be presented with the print job confirmation page that will show you the amount your printing account will be charged for the print job. If you cancel the print job, no funds will be deducted from your account.
- Login to your printing account at http://print.pnwu.edu/user.
- Select Web Print from the side menu.
- Select Submit a Job.
- Select a printer based on the location and output type. Continue to next screen.
- Enter the number of copies and continue to the next screen.
- Upload the file(s) to be printed and select Complete.
- Printing should begin at the printer.
Your printing account uses the first part of your school email address (before the @) for your username. To add printing credit, login to your printing account and select Add Credit.
Printing from Ipad
Before attempting to print, devices must be connected to the PNWU wireless network. If you have any difficulty with the printing configuration, please bring your iPad to the Help Desk office.
Mobility Print works just like AirPrint— use the send icon within apps to print
When you select print, you have the option to use the default printer or select another from the list.
You'll be prompted to enter your PaperCut Username and Password
Secured printing is available on the shared copiers at PNWU and it is simple and easy to use. It allows you to assign a PIN number to print jobs for securing the output. To implement use the directions below:
- Under the File menu, select Print like normal
- On the printer select screen, select one of the shared Canon copiers and click on Printer Properties
- The second box on this screen should be labeled Output Method and will be set to "print"
- Change this box to say "Secured Print"
- Your username should be set and you will need to select a PIN and click OK
- Click OK on the Printer Properties window
- Click Print
- When you get to the printer touch "Secured Print" on the admin panel
- Find and select your print job
- You'll be asked to give the PIN number you specified to release the print
Papercut Account Management
Manage your student quota: PaperCut Managemt