PNWU Student Printing
PNWU allocated print credit will expire at the end of each year and reset. Any credit purchased during the year will carry over to the next year.First and second year students receive $50 of printing credit, third and fourth year students receive a $25 credit. Additional credit can be purchased online if needed.
Printing will be tracked and charged to your printing account.
- $.05 per page for B&W prints (.03 per side for duplex)
- $.15 per page for color prints (.09 per side for duplex)
Students will need to install printers while on campus (see device specific instructions below).
Copying is available on various student copiers throughout campus. To copy, swipe your badge on the copier's badge scanner. There is a copy option on the touch screen of the copier.
Papercut Account Management
Manage your student quota: PaperCut Managemt
PaperCut Mobility Print - Mac OS
- Navigate to System Preferences > Printers and Scanners.
- Select the printers to be removed –select multiple by holding the Shift key and clicking on the printer names
- Click on the – icon to remove the printers
- Navigate to System Preferences > Printers and Scanners.
- Click the + icon under the Printers List.
- The Add dialog is displayed. It displays a list of all of the discovered printers on the network.
- Select the printers you want to install
|Printers For Mac|
- Open Finder and go to Applications
- Drag and drop PCClient to the trash
- Depending on your security settings, you may be prompted to enter your computer password
- Send your job from any application using the print function
- Select the desired printer from the list. You will be prompted for your PNWU credentials for each printer the first time you print
- To store your credentials, check the box next to "Remember this password in my keychain"
PaperCut Mobility Print - Windows
- Download the PaperCut Mobility Print client
- Run the Installer and agree to the terms and conditions
In the "Select the printer you want to add to windows" step, check all four printers on the list and click next
Printers For Windows black double-sided color double-sided black single-sided color single-sided
- Type your username and password
Follow the prompts to finish the installation
- Press Windows + S keys on your keybord to open a the search funciton
- Type Apps & Features then press enter
- Select Papercut from the list and click on the unistall button
- Click on the unstall option and follow the prompts to complete the uninstall
Printing from Ipad
Before attempting to print, devices must be connected to the PNWU wireless network. If you have any difficulty with the printing configuration, please bring your iPad to the Help Desk office.
Mobility Print works just like AirPrint— use the send icon within apps to print
When you select print, you have the option to use the default printer or select another from the list.
You'll be prompted to enter your PaperCut Username and Password
Partner Organization Student Printing
PNWU provides access to printing for students enrolled in the partner programs on campus. Students must be setup with personal accounts for tracking printing in order to take advantage of this access. If you have not received information about your printing account, please contact your program administration and they will coordinate with the PNWU Technology Services department.
There are three physical printers available to students for printing on campus.
- BHH Copier - located in Butler-Haney Hall in the foyer area.
- BHH Upstairs - located in Butler-Haney Hall at the top of the stairs in the foyer area.
- UCC Copier - located in the University Conference Center near the study rooms.
Each of these printers has four printing modes to produce different output types:
- Black Single - black & white (grayscale), single-sided
- Black Duplex - black & white (grayscale), double-sided
- Color Single - color, single-sided
- Color Duplex - color, double-sided
The printing methods available to partner program students allow for printing of the following file types:
- Microsoft Word - doc, docx, rtf
- Microsoft Excel - xls, xlsx
- Microsoft PowerPoint - ppt, pptx
- Image Files - bmp, gif, jpeg, png, tif
- PDF Files
Any other files types can be converted to PDF for printing through a local PDF printer that most current computers have.
Email to Print
- The printing system will only accept email from your school account (i.e. @pnwu.edu, @heritage.edu, @wsu.edu)
- Attach the document or file you would like to print to a new email message and send it to the appropriate printer's email address based on the output type desired.
- BHH Downstairs Black Single - firstname.lastname@example.org
- BHH Downstairs Black Duplex - email@example.com
- BHH Downstairs Color Single - firstname.lastname@example.org
- BHH Downstairs Color Duplex - email@example.com
- BHH Upstairs Black Single - firstname.lastname@example.org
- BHH Upstairs Black Duplex - email@example.com
- BHH Upstairs Color Single- firstname.lastname@example.org
- BHH Upstairs Color Duplex - email@example.com
- UCC Copier Black Single - firstname.lastname@example.org
- UCC Copier Black Duplex - email@example.com
- UCC Copier Color Single - firstname.lastname@example.org
- UCC Copier Color Duplex - email@example.com
- You will receive an email within 60 seconds with a link to login to your printing account and confirm the print job. This must be completed or the printing will not begin.
- Once logged in to your printing account, you will be presented with the print job confirmation page that will show you the amount your printing account will be charged for the print job. If you cancel the print job, no funds will be deducted from your account.
- Login to your printing account at http://print.pnwu.edu/user.
- Select Web Print from the side menu.
- Select Submit a Job.
- Select a printer based on the location and output type. Continue to next screen.
- Enter the number of copies and continue to the next screen.
- Upload the file(s) to be printed and select Complete.
- Printing should begin at the printer.
Your printing account uses the first part of your school email address (before the @) for your username. To add printing credit, login to your printing account and select Add Credit.