The Library collects and publishes a noncomprehensive list of faculty, resident, student, and staff publications such as articles, books, chapters, and conference presentations. If you would like your research to be listed here or if you see an error, please contact the Library.
The PNWU Archives contain copies of ephemera associated with PNWU or osteopathic medicine in the Pacific Northwest, including alumni newsletters, Academic Day programs, Commencement fliers, and more.
Affiliated authors are listed in bold.
Journal Articles: AY 2018-19
- Coutinho, Anastasia, Natasha Bhuyan, Alexandra Gits, Mustafa Alavi, Tiffany Ho, Jean Shiraki, Kristina Dakis, Cecilia Jojola, Chandler Stisher, and Paige Ely. "Student and Resident Involvement in Family Medicine for America’s Health A Step Toward Leadership Development." Family Medicine 51, no. 2 (2019): 166-172
- Faramarzi, Babak, Lon J. Rich, and Jolan Wu. "Hematological and serum biochemical profile values in pregnant and non-pregnant mares." Canadian Journal of Veterinary Research 82, no. 4 (2018): 287-293.
- Finke, Michael T., Ross W. Filice, and Charles E. Kahn Jr. "Integrating ontologies of human diseases, phenotypes, and radiological diagnosis." Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association 26, no. 2 (2019): 149-154.
- Franchini, Leia, Shaun Hager, Daniel C. Edwards, Sebastian Jofre, Wilbur Bowne, and Laurence Belkoff. "Intussusception of the Small Bowel Secondary to Benign Ectopic Prostate Tissue." Urology 114 (2018): 14-17.
- Doyle, Jennifer, Dominic Bagnoli, Tiffany Kenny, Michelle L. McCarroll, Lynn Hamrich, and Vivian von Gruenigen. "Birth outcomes and usability of Relaxbirth® for upright positioning intrapartum: A retrospective case control study." Journal of Gynecology Obstetrics and Human Reproduction (2018).
- Drazin, Doniel, Jens R. Chapman, Andrew Dailey, and John Street. "Introduction. Primary and secondary infections of the spine." Neurosurgical Focus 46, no. 1 (2019): E1.
- Harris, Blair, Benjamin Bitner, and Logan Thomas. "Differin® and depilation, a word of warning." Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology (2018).
- Hobbs, Sue D., Daniel Bederian-Gardner, Christin M. Ogle, Gail S. Goodman, Paul Hastings, Ingrid Cordon, Sarah Bakanosky, Michael J. Lawler et al. "Psychological Security in At-Risk Youth: Attachment, Emotion Regulation, and PTSD Symptom Severity." International Journal on Child Maltreatment: Research, Policy and Practice (2019): 1-20.
- Ide, Nicole, Bianca K. Frogner, Cynthia M. LeRouge, Patrick Vigil, and Matthew Thompson. "What’s on your keyboard? A systematic review of the contamination of peripheral computer devices in healthcare settings." BMJ open 9, no. 3 (2019): e026437.
- Lemos, Maria P., Terrie E. Taylor, Suzanne M. McGoldrick, Malcolm E. Molyneux, Manoj Menon, Steve Kussick, Nonhlanhla N. Mkhize, Neil A. Martinson, Andrea Stritmatter, and Julie Randolph-Habecker. "Pathology-Based Research in Africa." Clinics in Laboratory Medicine 38, no. 1 (2018): 67-90.
- Povey, Michael, Remon Abu-Elyazeed, Gregory Adams, Anitta Ahonen, Carmen Baccarini, Andrea Berry, Stephanie Carryn, Archana Chatterjee, Nan-Change Chiu, Christophe Dessart, Clemente Diaz-Perez, and Byron Haney. "Safety and immunogenicity of an upper-range release titer measles-mumps-rubella vaccine in children vaccinated at 12 to 15 months of age: a phase III, randomized study." Human Vaccines & Immunotherapeutics 14, no. 12 (2018): 2921-2931.
- Roh, Soonhee, Catherine E. Burnette, Yeon-Shim Lee, Jarod T. Giger, R. Turner Goins, Daniel G. Petereit, Michael J. Lawler, and Kyoung Hag Lee. "Identifying risk and protective factors related to depressive symptoms among Northern Plains American Indian women cancer survivors." Women & Health (2018): 1-14.
- Trumble, Thomas E., and Dennis J. Heaton. "Outcomes of Surface Replacement Proximal Interphalangeal Joint Arthroplasty Through a Volar Approach: A Prospective Study." Hand 12, no. 3 (2017): 290-296.
Journal Articles: AY 2017–18
- Cormier, Jim, Katherine Cone, Janell Lanpher, Abigail Kinens, Terry Henderson, Lucy Liaw, Edward J. Bilsky, Tamara King, Clifford J. Rosen, and Glenn W. Stevenson. "Exercise reverses pain-related weight asymmetry and differentially modulates trabecular bone microarchitecture in a rat model of osteoarthritis." Life Sciences 180 (2017): 51-59.
- Early, Kathaleen Briggs, and Kathleen Stanley. "Position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: The Role of Medical Nutrition Therapy and Registered Dietitian Nutritionists in the Prevention and Treatment of Prediabetes and Type 2 Diabetes." Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 118, no. 2 (2018): 343-353.
- Elliott, William J., and Evgeny A. Bistrika. "Perindopril arginine and amlodipine besylate for hypertension: a safety evaluation." Expert Opinion on Drug Safety 17, no. 2 (2018): 207-216
- Ghorbani, Mohammad, Grace DeHoff, Christoph J. Griessenauer, Reza Mollahoseini, Hamidreza Shojaei, and Maziar Azar. "Endoscopic cystoventriculostomy of an arachnoid cyst using a neuroendovascular stent to maintain patency." British Journal of Neurosurgery (2018): 1-3.
- Jain, Varsha K., Joseph B. Domachowske, Long Wang, Opokua Ofori-Anyinam, Miguel A. Rodríguez-Weber, Michael L. Leonardi, Nicola P. Klein et al. "Time to change dosing of inactivated quadrivalent influenza vaccine in young children: evidence from a phase III, randomized, controlled trial." Journal of the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society 6, no. 1 (2017): 9-19.
- Jerome, Scott P., Kendra D. Sticka, Theresia M. Schnurr, Sally J. Mangum, Arleigh J. Reynolds, and Kriya L. Dunlap. "25 (OH) D levels in trained versus sedentary university students at 64° north." International Journal of Circumpolar Health 76, no. 1 (2017): 1314414.
- Lei, Wei, Nathan Mullen, Sarah McCarthy, Courtney Brann, Philomena Richard, James Cormier, Katie Edwards, Edward J. Bilsky, and John M. Streicher. "Heat shock protein 90 (Hsp90) promotes opioid-induced anti-nociception by an ERK Mitogen Activated Protein Kinase (MAPK) mechanism in mouse brain." Journal of Biological Chemistry (2017).
- Lemos, Maria P., Terrie Taylor, Suzanne McGoldrick, Malcolm Molyneux, Manoj Menon, Steve Kussick, Nonhlanhla Mkhize, Neil Martinson, Andrea Stritmatter, and Julie Randolph-Habecker. "Pathology-Based Research in Africa." Clinics in Laboratory Medicine 38, no 1 (2018): pp.67-90.
- McCarroll, Michele L., Rami A. Ahmed, Alan Schwartz, Michael David Gothard, Steven Scott Atkinson, Patrick Hughes, Jose Cepeda Brito, Lori Assad, Jerry Myers, and Richard L. George. "Medical judgement analogue studies with applications to spaceflight crew medical officer." BMJ Simulation and Technology Enhanced Learning (2017).
- McLane, Virginia D., Ivy Bergquist, James Cormier, Deborah J. Barlow, Karen L. Houseknecht, Edward J. Bilsky, and Ling Cao. "Long-term morphine delivery via slow release morphine pellets or osmotic pumps: Plasma concentration, analgesia, and naloxone-precipitated withdrawal." Life Sciences 185 (2017): 1-7.
- Messerli, Franz H., Louis Hofstetter, Enrico Agabiti-Rosei, Michel Burnier, William J. Elliott, Stanley S. Franklin, Tomasz Grodzicki et al. "Expertise: no longer a sine qua non for guideline authors?." Journal of Hypertension 35, no 8 (2017): 1564-1566.
- Novack, Jeffrey P. "Autophagy and Proteostasis: A Unifying Theory of Neurodegenerative Disease." Journal of Restorative Medicine 6, no. 1 (2017): 3-18..
- Rhodes, Diana. "Human Tamm-Horsfall protein, a renal specific protein, serves as a cofactor in complement 3b degradation." PLoS One 12, no. 7 (2017): e0181857.
- Roush, George C., Fiorella Perez, Ramy Abdelfattah, Andrew Prindle, Elie Jean, Tanveer Singh, John B. Kostis, William J. Kostis, William J. Elliott, and Jesse A. Berlin. "Quality of Meta-Analyses for Randomized Trials in the Field of Hypertension: an Updated and Improved Systematic Review." Current Hypertension Reports19, no. 9 (2017): 71.
- Seetharaman, Sujatha, Neville H. Golden, Bonnie Halpern-Felsher, Rebecka Peebles, Allison Payne, and Jennifer L. Carlson. "Effect of a prior history of overweight on return of menses in adolescents with eating disorders." Journal of Adolescent Health 60, no. 4 (2017): 469-471.
- Shah, Binay Kumar, Isaac Pak, Nibash Budhathoki, and Kayla Buker. "Targeted therapy for leptomeningeal metastases in non-small cell lung cancer–Changing treatment paradigms." Chinese Journal of Cancer Research 29, no. 6 (2017): 535.
- Streicher, John M., and Edward J. Bilsky. "Peripherally acting μ-opioid receptor antagonists for the treatment of opioid-related side effects: mechanism of action and clinical implications." Journal of Pharmacy Practice 31, no. 6 (2018): 658-669.
- Thompson, Michael, Dallin Johansen, Russell Stoner, Allison Jarstad, Robert Sorrells, Michele L. McCarroll, and Wade Justice. "Comparative effectiveness of a mnemonic-use approach vs. self-study to interpret a lateral chest X-ray." Advances in Physiology Education 41, no. 4 (2017): 518-521.
Past Journal Articles
- Briggs Early, Kathaleen, Kelly M. Adams, and Martin Kohlmeier. "Analysis of nutrition education in osteopathic medical schools." Journal of Biomedical Education 2015 (2015).
- Briggs Early, Kathaleen, Jill Armstrong Shultz, Marc Evans, Cynthia F. Corbett, Sue Nicholson Butkus, and Linda Massey. "Dietary goal attainment measures and psychosocial factors among Mexican Americans and non-Hispanic whites with type 2 diabetes." Ecology of Food and Nutrition 51, no. 3 (2012): 227-246.
- Briggs Early, Kathaleen, Jill Armstrong Shultz, and Cynthia Corbett. "Assessing diabetes dietary goals and self-management based on in-depth interviews with Latino and Caucasian clients with type 2 diabetes." Journal of Transcultural Nursing 20, no. 4 (2009): 371-381.
- Cuellar, Jason M., Michael P. Stauff, Richard J. Herzog, John A. Carrino, Geoffrey A. Baker, and Eugene J. Carragee. "Does provocative discography cause clinically important injury to the lumbar intervertebral disc? A 10-year matched cohort study." The Spine Journal 16, no. 3 (2016): 273-280.
- Elliott, William J., Sanjib Basu, and Peter M. Meyer. "Network meta-analysis of heart failure prevention by antihypertensive drugs." Archives of Internal Medicine 171, no. 5 (2011): 472-473.
- Elliott, William J., and W. Kurtis Childers. "Should β blockers no longer be considered first-line therapy for the treatment of essential hypertension without comorbidities?" Current Cardiology Reports 13, no. 6 (2011): 507.
- Elliott, William J., Brent Egan, Thomas D. Giles, George L. Bakris, William B. White, and Torry M. Sansone. "Rationale for establishing a mechanism to increase reimbursement to hypertension specialists." The Journal of Clinical Hypertension 15, no. 6 (2013): 397-403.
- Elliott, William J., Jennifer Whitmore, Jeffrey D. Feldstein, and George L. Bakris. "Efficacy and safety of perindopril arginine+ amlodipine in hypertension." Journal of the American Society of Hypertension 9, no. 4 (2015): 266-274.
- Elliott, William J. "Do the blood pressure effects of nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs influence cardiovascular morbidity and mortality?" Current Hypertension Reports 12, no. 4 (2010): 258-266.
- Elliott, William J. "Hot Topics in Hypertension." Current Opinion in Cardiology 27, no. 4 (2012): 368-9.
- Elliott, William J. "Perindopril arginine+ amlodipine for the treatment of hypertension in the USA." Expert Opinion on Pharmacotherapy 16, no. 14 (2015): 2217-2229.
- Elliott, William J. "Rationale for a single-pill combination of perindopril arginine and amlodipine besylate." Journal of the American Society of Hypertension 9, no. 4 (2015): 257-265.
- Elliott, William J. "What should be the blood pressure target for diabetic patients?" Current Opinion in Cardiology 26, no. 4 (2011): 308-313.
- Engebretsen, Steven, Robert Sorrells, Joyce Yi‐Frazier, and Kathleen Briggs Early. "Longitudinal quality of life improvement in underserved rural youth with obesity." Obesity Science & Practice 2, no. 4 (2016): 444-455.
- Heaton, Dennis J., Thomas Trumble, and Diana Rhodes. "Determination of the Central Axis of the Scaphoid." Journal of Wrist Surgery 4, no. 3 (2015): 214.
- Hudon, Katheryn D., Lemuel Sibulo, and Albert M. Brady. "Premedication protocol for iron infusions in patients with anaphylactic reaction to parenteral iron: A case series." International Journal of Case Reports and Images (IJCRI) 7, no. 2 (2016): 92-96.
- Jurca, Samuel J., and William J. Elliott. "Common substances that may contribute to resistant hypertension, and recommendations for limiting their clinical effects." Current Hypertension Reports18, no. 10 (2016): 73.
- Moore, Mike. "Looking for a good night's sleep." The Lancet 380, no. 9839 (2012): 322-323.
- Randhawa, Sukhbir K., and William J. Elliott. "Therapy: Atenolol versus metoprolol tartrate—conflicting outcomes data." Nature Reviews Nephrology 10, no. 11 (2014): 617.
- Roberie, Dustin R., and William J. Elliott. "What is the prevalence of resistant hypertension in the United States?" Current Opinion in Cardiology 27, no. 4 (2012): 386-391.
- Sasaki, Kotaro, Sajal Kumar, Mario E. Chenal, and Roberto F. Nicosia. "Intraglomerular micrometastasis of squamous cell carcinoma." Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation Plus 5, no. 4 (2012): 292-296.
- Stumetz, Kyle S., Joyce Yi-Fraizer, Connor Mitrovich, and Kathaleen Briggs Early. "Quality of care in rural youth with type 1 diabetes: a cross-sectional pilot assessment." BMJ Open Diabetes Research and Care 4, no. 1 (2016): e000300.
- Williams, Emily C., Carol E. Achtmeyer, Jessica P. Young, Stacey E. Rittmueller, Evette J. Ludman, Gwen T. Lapham, Amy K. Lee, Laura J. Chavez, Douglas Berger, and Katharine A. Bradley. "Local implementation of alcohol screening and brief intervention at five Veterans Health Administration primary care clinics: perspectives of clinical and administrative staff." Journal of substance abuse treatment 60 (2016): 27-35.
For other scholarly publications, including book chapters and conference proceedings, download the Publications Spreadsheet [Word]. You can sort this document by author or publication type.