Looking for resources on the 2019 novel coronavirus disease (abbreviated as COVID-19)? PNWU Library is adding resources as they become available, so check this page & the official PNWU COVID-19 Updates page for information.
- Yakima County Health District
- Washington State Department of Health
Resources for Providers
- PubMed & National Library of Medicine: PubMed has released a new supplementary concept record for the 2019 coronavirus disease (COVID-19). The suggested search string is as follows: 2019-nCoV OR 2019nCoV OR COVID-19 OR SARS-CoV-2 OR (wuhan AND coronavirus) AND 2019/12[PDAT]:2030[PDAT]). The National Library of Medicine has also created a curated literature hub of up-to-date scientific information about the 2019 coronavirus at LitCovid.
- AACOM: Coronavirus Resource Center
- British Medical Journal (BMJ) Best Practice: There is free access to the BMJ Best Practice topic on COVID-19.
- CDC: Healthcare Providers Preparedness Checklist for COVID-19
- Cochrane Library Special Collection: Cochrane Library has two special collections on COVID-19, one focused on evidence in critical care, and the other on infection control & prevention measures.
- DisasterLit: Disaster Information Management Research Center, or DisasterLit, has both patient education as well as provider materials.
- DynaMed: COVID-19
- Elsevier: Novel Coronavirus Information Center. Some information may be in Mandarin Chinese, from sources including the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Journal of American Medical Association (JAMA): The JAMA COVID-19 collection includes Q&As, clinical information and management, and links to other resources.
- New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM): The NEJM Coronavirus (COVID-19) collection contains clinical reports, management guidelines, and commentary available for free.
- World Health Organization (WHO): The WHO offers both Technical Guidance and interim guidance on health worker risk assessment and management.
Resources for Patient Education/Consumer Health
- MedlinePlus: Coronavirus Infections contains both information on COVID-19 and the general topic of coronaviruses.
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network: Guide to Helping Families Cope with Coronavirus Disease
- National Center for Complementary & Integrative Health: There is no scientific evidence that alternative remedies can prevent or cure COVID-19.
- NIH: New Coronavirus Stable for Hours on Surfaces
- The Atlantic: What We Know So Far About SARS-CoV-2
- NPR: A Guide: How to Prepare Your Home for Coronavirus
- New York Times: How to Prepare for Coronavirus
- Ready.gov: What to Do Before & During A Pandemic
- UpToDate: Patient Education: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Science Magazine: Substantial Undocumented Infection Facilitates the Rapid Dissemination of Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV2)