Looking for information on SARS-COV-2, or the 2019 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19)? Check the official PNWU COVID-19 Updates page, or explore this collection of resources curated by your PNWU librarians.
Resources for Providers and Educators
- PubMed: PubMed has released a new supplementary MeSH term for the 2019 coronavirus disease (COVID-19). The suggested PubMed search string is as follows: 2019-nCoV OR 2019nCoV OR COVID-19 OR SARS-CoV-2 OR (wuhan AND coronavirus) AND 2019/12[PDAT]:2030[PDAT].
- AACOM: Coronavirus Resource Center includes resources on transitioning to residency.
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC): Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Chronicle of Higher Education: The Chronicle offers news, opinion, and advice for campuses.
- Clinicaltrials.gov: Records of all ongoing studies related to the novel coronavirus.
- Cochrane Library Special Collection: Series of special collections on COVID-19.
- DisasterLit: Disaster Information Management Research Center, or DisasterLit, has both patient education and provider materials.
- DynaMed: COVID-19
- Elsevier: Novel Coronavirus Information Center. Some information may be in Mandarin Chinese, from sources including the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Journal of American Medical Association (JAMA): The JAMA COVID-19 collection includes Q&As, clinical information and management, and links to other resources.
- The Medical Letter: Drugs for COVID-19
- National Library of Medicine: Curated literature hub at LitCovid.
- New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM): The NEJM Coronavirus (COVID-19) collection contains clinical reports, management guidelines, and commentary available for free.
- World Health Organization (WHO): Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Pandemic
Resources for Patient Education/Consumer Health
- National Center for Complementary & Integrative Health: There is no scientific evidence that alternative remedies can prevent or cure COVID-19.
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network: Guide to Helping Families Cope with Coronavirus Disease
- UpToDate: Patient Education: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)