Payroll and Compensation
Electronic Time and Attendance System - Paylocity
The University uses Paylocity time and attendance software where employees can access their current and past pay statements, change their W4, input time sheets, and request time off to name a few. Please log on to your Paylocity account created when you went through onboarding process.
Employees are paid every other Friday. The full pay period calendar is here.
PNWU is dedicated to a compensation structure that will attract and retain mission-driven, qualified, competent, and experienced professionals to serve the interests of our students and community. For faculty, long-term retention is not based on a tenure system, but rather on rolling contracts. We believe in serving the best interests of faculty and PNWU, which helps us recruit and retain high-caliber faculty.
The pay administration program is designed to provide a consistent approach for the appropriate administration and control of pay program components. The intent is to:
- Define the responsibilities of each position through a written and current job description.
- Provide a salary structure that provides flexibility for administering salaries that will attract, retain, and motivate competent employees.
- Pay salaries that are competitive with the market and reflective of employee knowledge, skills, and performance.
- Provide increases and adjust salaries within position ranges to remain competitive with the market and reflective of the level of individual employee performance.
- Ensure salaries are administered in compliance with applicable federal and state regulations.
All positions have a job description that outlines the essential functions, scope of responsibility, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, experience, and certification requirements. Job descriptions can be found here.
PNWU encourages you and your supervisor to discuss job performance and goals on an informal, day-to-day basis. All employees will be evaluated annually during June/July. The employee evaluations may include feedback from peers, subordinates, self, supervisor and self. Increases are based on performance of the employee and availability of funds in the budget.
The full policies can be found in the Staff and Faculty Handbook.