It is Human Resource’s mission to support the University mission, vision, and core themes through its most valued resource, PEOPLE.
HR is committed to:
- Supporting change and institutional strategies
- Deploying, developing, and aligning talent
- Attracting and retaining talent
- Improving performance and productivity of the workforce
- Advocating for fair, equitable, and consistent treatment for all
- Providing leadership and high quality service in human resource functions
- Modeling and inspiring the values of integrity, trust, excellence, respect, and teamwork
- Being knowledgeable, efficient, responsive and kind
HR will collaborate and support the functional areas of:
- Recruitment and retention
- Hiring and staffing
- Compensation and payroll practices
- Benefits and retirement
- Training and development
- HR risk and compliance
- Performance management
- Workforce policy and procedure
- Employee Relations
PNWU is Committed to a Culture That Supports 17 Key Behaviors
- Strive to be self-aware and to be open about self.
- Explore alternatives before acting.
- Be approachable and open to feedback.
- Help each other succeed and hold each other accountable.
- Accept necessary change and be adaptable.
- Involve others in decisions that affect them.
- Encourage and help others to grow and develop.
- Help others think for themselves.
- Recognize others with positive rewards.
- Resolve conflicts constructively.
- Be a good listener.
- Practice constructive and effective communication without judgment.
- Be accepting and appreciative of diversity.
- Seek to establish mutual understanding.
- Emphasize quality over quantity.
- Think in unique and independent ways.
- Help each other succeed.