This year for Giving Tuesday, PNWU will be raising money for point-of-care ultrasound equipment (POCUS). This equipment will allow PNWU to train students on how to use this revolutionary technology and prepare them for what matters most- providing quality care to rural and underserved communities that need them most.
How to Get Involved
Why This Technology Matters
- POCUS can be used in almost any setting, from urban hospitals to rural clinics and even in military combat.
- It can save patients thousands of dollars in medical expenses, especially those who are uninsured or underinsured - POCUS can be used to help diagnose on the spot and eliminate the need for a patient to have an x-ray or be referred to a specialist.
- The Butterfly iQ systems we are hoping to purchase have received accolades such as:
- 2019 Apple Design Awards Winner - Apple
- 2019 World Changing Ideas Winner for Health and Wellness – Fast Company
- 2019 Healthcare Breakthrough Award- Not Impossible Labs