Family Medicine Residency Network Collaboration
In 2015, Pacific Northwest University and WWAMI Family Medicine Residency Network (FMRN) formed a collaborative to assist residencies within the network with ACGME osteopathic recognition and support the AOA residency programs with the single accreditation process.
The osteopathic educational workshops listed below are a direct result of this collaboration.
- Regional OPP Workshop, is a full day, hands-on workshop that introduces basic concepts and techniques associated with Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine.
- Osteopathic Principles and Practice Introductory Workshop, 4-hour, hands-on workshop that discusses the history and philosophy of osteopathic principles and provides a basic introduction to osteopathic techniques.
- Management of Low Back Pain using OMT, 3-hour, hands-on workshop on lower back pain evaluation, identifying somatic dysfunction and performing direct and indirect osteopathic techniques to treat low back pain.
- Treatment of Headaches, Neck Pain and TMJ using OMT, 3-hour hands-on workshop that evaluates and identifies the source of the pain and teaches various osteopathic treatment techniques to treat the different sources of pain.
- OMT in Prenatal Care, 3-hour, hands-on workshop that identifies somatic dysfunction associated with pregnancy and introduces osteopathic techniques used to alleviate those complaints.
- Hospital-Based OMT, 3-hour, hands-on workshop that focuses on inpatient evaluation for OMT, identifying somatic dysfunction associated with hospital patients and introduces osteopathic techniques used to alleviate those complaints and reduce inpatient time.
These workshops are interactive, hands-on educational activities that incorporate kinesthetic learning, lecture, and small group work at OMT tables. The workshops are aimed at residency program faculty, allopathic/osteopathic residents, MD/DO osteopathic preceptors so that they may develop or refresh individual skills in OPP modalities and improve competencies as educators who supervise residents that practice OPP in patient care settings.
OPP Workshops are on hold until 2021. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation. Please contact Michelle Chadek, MS for information regarding upcoming workshops.