At PNWU, Dr. Rica Amity is housed within the COM-Student Affairs Department as the Director of Student Success and Learning Skills Specialist.
Dr. Amity provides:
- coaches students individually on study strategies and test taking tactics
- provides short-term, informal counseling on an as-needed basis
- oversees academic support programs (tutoring and recitations)
- offers Lunch and Learn sessions on topics related to academics and well-being
- refers students for neuropsychological evaluation when appropriate
- Six Key Strategies for Effective Learning
- Mind Mapping and Concept Mapping
- Success Types for Medical Students: A Program for Improving Academic Performance
- PNWU Library
- The PNWU library has many helpful study resources including the amazing staff. Click on the link above for more information.
- The AccessMedicine database includes study tools and case files. You just need to set up a free account to access those features: http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/.
- You can find a subject guide on exam and board prep at https://www.pnwu.edu/inside-pnwu/offices-and-departments/library/subject-guides#exam-and-board-prep-13997
Tutoring/Recitation Program Forms:
- Tutoring/Recitation Program Policy
- Application to Lead a Recitation
- Application to Offer Tutoring Services
- Application to Seek Tutoring (OMS1 and Heritage MAMS Students)
- Application to Seek Remote Tutoring (OMS2)
- Download Recitation Sign In Sheets
- Download Weekly Tutoring Report
- Recitation or Tutoring Room Request