|Created:||08/01/2008||Executive Lead:||Chief Operations Officer|
|Classification:||Admin/Board X Operational|
Purpose: To outline parking situations at PNWU.
Policy: PNWU shall provide parking as a courtesy for employees, students, and visitors on campus. General parking spaces are open for all vehicles with any type of valid PNWU parking permit. PNWU shall not be responsible for any theft, vandalism, or other damage occurring while a vehicle is parked on campus.
Employees and students shall report all vehicle accidents to Security regardless of the severity.
A vehicle with a state handicap permit or license plate may park anywhere on campus except for fire lanes. Any unauthorized parking may result in a citation and fine issued.
- A Security officer will complete a written report for all reported traffic accidents, which can then be submitted to the individual’s insurance company.
- If the accident involves an injury or is deemed a reportable accident per state, county, or city law, the appropriate law enforcement agency will be contacted.
- If the vehicle has a temporary state-issued handicap parking permit, then it must have a second, valid campus parking permit. These vehicles are allowed to park anywhere on campus except for fire lanes.
There is absolutely no parking in a fire lane for any reason.
- There is no parking allowed in a Loading Zone unless the vehicle is loading or unloading equipment or passengers.
- Even if the vehicle is loading or unloading equipment or passengers, the vehicle cannot be in the Loading Zone for more than 20 minutes..
- If a vehicle is parked in or blocking a Loading Zone and the vehicle is not loading or unloading equipment or passengers, the vehicle will be towed at the vehicle owner's expense.
No Parking Zones
- There is no parking allowed in a No Parking Zone unless a vehicle needs to load or unload equipment or passengers and there is no Loading Zone available. If this case, the vehicle can use the No Parking Zone but only for the time it takes to load or unload.
- Never leave a vehicle unattended in a No Parking Zone.
- General parking on the PNWU campus is free to all students.
- All students are required to register their vehicle and receive a parking tag for the vehicle.
- In the event that something happens to your vehicle while it is on campus, the decal provides a method of contacting you quickly.
- To receive a parking permit, contact Security or visit the Security kiosk.
- Staff parking places are designated by a posted sign or a label of "Staff" painted on the ground.
- Vehicles with a PNWU staff parking permit, service pass, volunteer pass, temporary staff permit (with a second, valid permit) or a disabled parking permit may park in staff parking. Any vehicle that does not have one of these permits that is parked in a designated staff parking place is in violation of the parking regulations.
- After 5:00 P.M., staff parking spaces become general parking spaces.
Towing a Vehicle
- Contact the Director of Security or designee.
- Notify Security. Tell Security the name for the tow company, when the tow truck arrived and departed, and the reason for the action.
Employees violating the parking policy will be referred to the appropriate director and human resources.
Students violating the parking policy will be referred to student services to determine the appropriate action.
Parking permit request