neurology

PNWU Student Doctors Present at Nation’s Largest Neurology Gathering

PNWU students recently represented our university at the 2024 American Academy of Neurology’s (AAN) Annual Meeting, held in Denver, CO.

Student Doctors Rana Sherif, PNWU-COM Class of ’25, and Lekaa Elhajjmoussa, PNWU-COM Class of ’24, participated in the country’s largest gathering of neurologists and neuroscience professionals to present their poster, titled “The Incidence of Cardiac Autonomic Neuropathy in Patients with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis: A Systematic Review.”

Serving as lead and second authors on the poster, respectively, Student Doctors Sherif and Elhajjmoussa showcased their passion for neurology to hundreds of neurologists from around the world.

“It was a marvelous experience,” exclaimed Student Doctor Sherif, adding that they also attended talks and seminars during the annual gathering. “This conference reflected on how diverse and dynamic the field of neurology is.”

During their time in Denver, Student Doctors Sherif and Elhajjmoussa enthusiastically discussed their findings with attendees. “That seemed to captivate many neurologists,” said Sherif, highlighting the many inspiring conversations that followed.

“It was a true honor to be able to present a poster with my colleague, Rana, and I feel humbled to have been a part of it,” said Student Doctor Elhajjmoussa. “It was a fantastic opportunity to gain new insights into the field of Neurology and learn from others in the field. It was a vibrant atmosphere filled with diversity and genuine passion for providing compassionate care and advancing the field, and I am immensely grateful and look forward to the lifelong learning I will experience in this field as I begin my residency in Neurology this summer.”