Academic Day aims to promote scholarly work in the healthcare field and advance the community of scholarship. PNWU invites all students and programs on the Yakima campus along with residents, fellows, faculty, and partner institutions to share innovative scholarly activity projects related to healthcare.
Presentations from Academic Day 2017
MRI-Ultrasound Fusion Guided Biopsy of the Prostate: Lesion Volume as a Predictor of Prostate Cancer presented by Scott Blaine, OMS II
SYK Inhibition Disrupts the Cross-Talk Between B-Cell Activation Factor (BAFF) and B-Cell Receptor (BCR) and Thereby Antagonizes Mcl01 in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) B-Cells presented by Cody Paiva, OMS I
Bioavailability of Arginine versus Erbumine Formulations of Perindopril in Healthy Subjects presented by Andrew Bishop, OMS II
Agranulocytosis with ceftaroline high-dose monotherapy or combination therapy with clindamycin presented by Neil Varada, OMS II
“Reliability of electronic reporting systems in identifying true cases of medication non-adherence and the most common causes of non-adherence to emphasized drug classes in an independent community pharmacy” presented by Joel Thome, Pharm.D., BCACP; Courtney Deats, PY2 WSU Pharmacy
Roots to Wings Mentoring Program: Impact of Co-mentoring on Osteopathic Medical Students presented by Renae Hepfner, OMS II
Impact of a weekly student led review on student performance and perceptions in a Pharmacogenomics course presented by Danielle Fitzpatrick & Yaoyi Xiao – WSU Pharmacy
Aligning Education and Care Delivery Through Student-Driven IPE presented by Jacob Thatcher, OMS II
- Analysis of an Inter-Professional Culinary Medicine Session Focusing on the Mediterranean Diet. Speltz J, Gee D, Briggs Early K. Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences, Central Washington University.
- An adult trauma patient with corrected and uncorrected congenital heart disease: the importance of recognizing "childhood" problems in adulthood. Balag S, Keyner J, Peizner D, Long W, Gubler D. Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences.
- An Examination of Osteopathic Medical Students' Perceptions of Patients Facing Chronic Illness. Franchini L, MacSwords J, Ostromecki A, Nguyn V, Reno A, Hepner E. Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences.
- Why Do Inguinal Hernia Patients Have Pain? Histology Points To Compression Neuropathy. Wright R, Born D, Hurd L, D'Souza N, Gill R, Wright D. Cascade Hernia Institute, Stanford University, Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences, Creighton University, University of Denver.
- Comparative Effectiveness of a Mnemonic - Use Approach Versus Self-study to Interpret a Lateral Chest X-Ray. Thompson M, Johansen D, Stoner R, Jarstad A, Sorrells R, McCarroll M, Justice W. Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences.
- Concept Development of OPP and Biomedical Science Integration Emphasizing EPA Milestones. Keene, J., Taylor, K. Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences.
- Clinical Evaluation of Concussion: A Review of Current Guidelines and Practices; Looking Forward to the Changing Landscape of Management and Care. Kelley M, Gibbons C, Campbell T, DeHoff G, McFalls A. Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences.
- Assessing Health Literacy in Yakima, WA. Kaur M. Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences.
- Accessibility and Usability of Microscopy and Foldscope in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Hubbard M, Pak I, Kunz E, Minton S, Taylor K. Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences, Addis Ababa School of Public Health, Addis Ababa University School of Medicine.
- EMR Use and Medical Malpractice Risk. Sigley K, Franklin M, Brzusek D. Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences.
- Analysis of Outcome from Road Traffic Accidents Based on Method of Transport to Hospital in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Boden B, Judd K, Chou B, Worku T, Sehgal N, Kraft L, Bohn J.A., Wagayehu A, Assifha T, Belissa B, Eneyew E, Gehzihaber, Legesse H, Yeshitela A, Yirgalem A, Elliott W. Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences, Addis Ababa University School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Utah School of Medicine.
- Master of Arts in Medical Sciences (MAMS) - A Collaborative Bridge Program to Health Professional School. Taylor M. Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences, Heritage University.
- Implementation of a Student-Led Movement Focused on an Integrated Approach to Care. Thatcher J, Boyd N, Engebretsen S, Taylor K, Freeman C. Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences.
- Shared and Group Medical Appointment Implementation as a Humanistic Approach to Patient Centered Experience: A Mixed Methods Systematic Review. Wadsworth K, Archibald T, Payne A, Cleary A, Haney B, Hoverman A. Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences, Portland State School of Public Health.
- Medical Student Perceptions of Medical School Education about Suffering. Egnew W, Phillips W, Lewis P, Myers K. University of Washington School of Medicine, Penn State College of Medicine.