Assistant/Associate Professor of Family Medicine
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU) invites applications and nominations for Assistant/Associate Professor of Family Medicine in the College of Osteopathic Medicine. The position is full time and provides teaching leadership to the department and is accountable to fulfill the education, clinical, service and scholarly activity objectives of the Family Medicine Department and reports directly to the Chair of Family Medicine.
The ideal candidate is expected to have teaching experience in a medical school with a passion for educating students. Requirements include:
- Earned D.O., M.D., or Ph.D. degree from an accredited institution
- Board certified or eligible
- Proficient in the use of academic technologies, learning management systems and computers
- Extensive professional experience with an exemplary record of achievement in the areas of teaching, service, scholarly activity and clinical practice
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate and generate respect and trust from faculty, staff, students and external constituencies.
- A history of scholarly activity and demonstrated excellence in clinical service.
- Candidate needs to have or be eligible for a license to practice medicine in the State of Washington.
The University is a 501(c) (3) not-for-profit healthcare educational institution currently offering the degree of Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine and enrolling a total of 480 medical students. The University’s potential for significant growth and development makes this position an exceptionally attractive professional opportunity.
PNWU is located in Yakima, Washington, a city of approximately 95,000 located in the south central part of the state near the eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountains in a major agricultural and outdoor recreation region. It is approximately 140 miles from Seattle, 170 miles from Portland, and 200 miles from Spokane. The Yakima Valley is a wonderful place to live, work and play. For more information, visit www.liveyakimavalley.com.
PNWU offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees first of the month following date of hire and competitive salary.
To ensure full consideration APPLY by the closing date. You will be asked to attach a resume/CV and references before submitting the online application.
For more information about the position, see the full job description.
PNWU is a drug-free workplace, equal opportunity employer and educational institution. To request this publication in an alternative format, please call Human Resources.