Human Resource Services
It is Human Resource’s mission to support the University mission, vision, and core themes through its most valued resource, PEOPLE.
HR is committed to:
- Supporting change and institutional strategies
- Deploying, developing, and aligning talent
- Attracting and retaining talent
- Improving performance and productivity of the workforce
- Advocating for fair, equitable, and consistent treatment for all
- Providing leadership and high quality service in human resource functions
- Modeling and inspiring the values of integrity, trust, excellence, respect, and teamwork
- Being knowledgeable, efficient, responsive and kind
HR will collaborate and support the functional areas of:
- Recruitment and retention
- Hiring and staffing
- Compensation and payroll practices
- Benefits and retirement
- Training and development
- HR risk and compliance
- Performance management
- Workforce policy and procedure
- Employee Relations
PNWU is committed to a culture that supports 17 key behaviors.
Strive to be self-aware and to be open about self.
Explore alternatives before acting.
Be approachable and open to feedback.
Help each other succeed and hold each other accountable.
Accept necessary change and be adaptable.
Involve others in decisions that affect them.
Encourage and help others to grow and develop.
Help others think for themselves.
Recognize others with positive rewards.
Resolve conflicts constructively.
Be a good listener.
Practice constructive and effective communication without judgment.
Be accepting and appreciative of diversity.
Seek to establish mutual understanding.
Emphasize quality over quantity.
Think in unique and independent ways.
Help each other succeed.