To change your account password, select Account Managment > Password Change/Reset from the menu below
Technology Services manages and maintains all IT resources critical to the operations of the University. We are responsible for maintaining the network infrastructure, phone systems, classroom technology, security hardware, email, file services, video conferencing, online testing, smartphones, and various other critical applications and servers. The Technology Services team maintains and supports all student, faculty, and staff workstations and laptops as well as 80 virtual and physical servers.
Accessing Your Email Remotely
Configuring Your Email Client
Managing Your Email
- Archiving and Restoring Email Using Outlook
- Forwarding Your Email
- Manage Distribution List Membership
- Manage Outlook Clutter Feature
Employee IT Software Training Program
PNWU employees may take software training through the Skillsets online training program. Each training module includes a pre-test, several video tutorials, and a post test. Access for two employees at a time through assigned library cards is available upon request. Each library card is valid for 2-weeks and your progress will be tracked within this time period. You may print out a module completion certificate once you have passed the post test.
Request the access to the training courses
- Browse the topics included in the Skillsets training program
- Adobe (Captivate 8, Acrobat DC, InDesign CC 2015, Photoshop CC 2015, etc.)
- Mac (OS Yosemite/El Capitan, Microsoft Office for Mac 2011)
- Microsoft Office Suite 2016 (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Project, SharePoint, etc.)
- Microsoft Office 365
- Windows 10
- Project Management Institute
- Business Skills (presentation, communication, leadership, interviewing and hiring, effective meetings, budgeting, etc.)
- Check the calendar to see the availability of the training access
- Plan your training session to set aside time for a 2-week period
- Send an email to ude.uwnp@pleh using the following template to request the library card
Email title: IT online training request
Access start date:
Access end date:
Track my progress and print out module completion certificate
- Click "My Progress" on the Home page to monitor your training
Download training guide(s)
- Adding a Medical Dictionary to Word
- Adding AMA Styles to Word
- Sophos Anti-Virus Software - Windows / Mac
- Microsoft Store for PNWU (On the Hub)
- Accessing the School's Network via Anyconnect
- Downloading Office - Windows / Mac
- Remove SofTest v12 - Windows / Mac
- Zoom Video Conferencing
- Meraki Ipad Management - Staff only
Technology Innovation Awards for Academic Year 2017-2018
PNWU intends to award four (4) $1,000 Technology Innovation Awards (T(A) for the 2017-2018 academic year. The purpose of the award is to encourage innovative projects using technology that focus on teaching and learning. Awardees are expected to implement the projects during the 2017-2018 academic year and present a summary of the project during the 2018 Annual Academic Day Forum at PNWU.
In addition to receiving a $1,000 cash award, other benefits for faculty include: improvement of your CV, career development, opportunities to share what you have accomplished through conference presentations, articles, and other research or scholarly activities.
Proposals must be submitted by April 15, 2017, 5:00 p.m. through this jot form https://form.jotform.com/70114586758160
Full-time faculty, part-time faculty, Regional Assist Deans, and all staff are eligible to apply for the TIA.
Examples of Innovative Uses of Technologies
- Flipped Classroom
- Blended Learning
- Virtual Learning/Online Learning
- Wearable technology
- Virtual simulated patients
- Mobile learning/Mobile apps
- Innovative uses of existing classroom or videoconferencing technologies
- Assessment of learning
Would you like some ahah(!) moments? Would you like help with your ideas? Please contact the following:
John DeVore, Assistant Directors of IT Services
Derrick Owsley, Assistant Director of Simulation and Classroom Technology
Lei Ye, PhD, Assistant Director of Academic Technology and Instructional Designer
For questions regarding how to take this opportunity as part of your scholarly activities, please contact:
Michele McCarroll, PhD, Chief Research Officer
The following elements must be included:
- Project title
- Names and contact information of principal investigator(s) and other individuals who will be involved in the development and/or implementation of the project. If multiple people are listed as principal investigators, please indicate the percentage of contribution for each individual.
- Project description and rationale as to why the proposed project is innovative (up to 1000 words)
- Time line for implementation
- Description of the evaluation of the project and the plan to distribute your findings (forum, conference, publication, etc.)
- Budget, including rationale. The budget approval will follow the usual COM practices and necessary approvals. Winning an award does not mean that the project will be funded.
The TIA committee will determine winners of the awards. All decisions are final. All winners shall be solely responsible for all applicable taxes and any expenses associated with the promotion.
Award winners will be notified by e-mail, using the e-mail address provided, by June 1, 2017.
All Awarded proposals and implementations are considered as PNWU’s intellectual property. Please refer to PNWU Staff and Faculty Handbook for more details.
Proposal Evaluation Criteria/Rubric (Total 25 points)
Proposals will be evaluated based on the extent to which the proposed project is:
- Innovative to learning and teaching.
- Incorporates recognized standards of quality teaching and learning principles and practices.
- Has a high quality, solid project plan that has the potential to influence the effectiveness of teaching and learning during the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Includes a solid plan that evaluates the project’s success and describes how to distribute findings.
- Includes a reasonable budget that adequately supports the project.