Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU)

Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences has been granted Candidate for Accreditation status by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. Candidacy is not Accreditation nor does it ensure eventual Accreditation. “Candidate for Accreditation” is a status of affiliation with the Commission which indicates that the institution has achieved initial recognition and is progressing toward Accreditation. 

Contact information for NWCCU:

Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
8060 165th Avenue N.E., Suite 100
Redmond, WA 98052
General phone: 425.558.4224



College of Osteopathic Medicine (COM)

PNWU-COM is accredited by the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA) of the American Osteopathic Association, 142 East Ontario Street, Chicago, IL 60611. Accreditation status is the highest level of accreditation awarded, and confers all rights and privileges of accreditation. Accreditation status is reviewed on a seven (7) year cycle unless otherwise directed by the COCA for a shorter period. Renewal of accreditation is subject to an on-site visit. Once accreditation status is attained, the COM will retain that status until such time as it may be withdrawn by the COCA or may be voluntarily withdrawn at the request of the COM.

Contact information for the AOA COCA:

American Osteopathic Association Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation
142 E. Ontario St.
Chicago, IL 60611-2864
Toll-free phone: 800.621.1773
General phone: 312.202.8000
Fax: 312.202.8200

email: gro.cihtapoetso@coderp



If, at any time, an individual has a complaint related to accreditation standards and procedures, the individual must present his/her complaint to the appropriate accrediting agency following that agency’s guidelines for submission of a complaint.

Should the accrediting agency find the complaint related to accreditation valid, PNWU will abide by the procedures set forth by the accrediting agency to rectify the noncompliance to the accreditation standard(s). PNWU will maintain records of the receipt, adjudication, and resolution of such complaints.

At no time will any adverse action be allowed against the individual(s) reporting the adverse accreditation standard. Any reportable adverse activity against the individual(s) will result in disciplinary action as delineated in the sexual and other unlawful harassment policy.

COCA Complaint Process: See page 78 of the Accreditation of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine: COM Accreditation Standard and Procedures

NWCCU Complaint Process:



Washington State Authorization

Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences is authorized by the Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) and meets the requirements and minimum educational standards established for degree-granting institutions under the Degree-Granting Institutions Act. This authorization is subject to periodic review and authorizes Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences to offer specific degree programs. Authorization by the Council does not carry with it an endorsement by the Council of the institution or its programs. Any person desiring information about the requirements of the act or the applicability of those requirements to the institution may contact the Council at P.O. Box 43430, Olympia, WA 98504-3430

Authorization in Other States

Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences is a member of NC-SARA (National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements). This is a multi-state consortium that manages oversight of distance education, including preceptorships and practicums in which students may engage outside of Washington. PNWU seeks approval, authorization, or exemption to operate in other states as needed. To see the list of states, visit States Approved for Clinical Rotations.



Complaints regarding program integrity must be submitted in writing to the associate dean of Student Affairs. PNWU will maintain records of the receipt, adjudication, and resolution of written complaints. If resolution of the complaint is not achieved, a complaint regarding program integrity may be filed with the appropriate state agency.

Washington State

The Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) has authority to investigate student complaints against specific schools. WSAC may not be able to investigate every student complaint. Visit for information regarding the WSAC complaint process.

Other States

Please reference the Student Complaint Process by State (December 2012) provided by the State Higher Education Executive Officers Association (SHEEO).