Postdoctoral Education (GME)
Pacific Northwest University's College of Osteopathic Medicine (PNWU-COM) actively identifies opportunities for development and expansion of graduate medical education (GME) throughout the Pacific Northwest. Under the new ACGME standards, PNWU serves as the academic sponsor for multiple residency programs in the Pacific Northwest. PNWU-COM works closely with these affiliated residencies to provide support and assure compliance with accreditation standards. PNWU-COM promotes learning and work environments that enhance delivery of patient care services and nurtures research and scholarly activity for faculty and residents. PNWU partners with other academic institutions in the region to collaboratively develop and support regional GME.
PNWU-Affiliated Residency Programs
- Central Washington Family Medicine Residency, Yakima, WA
- Community Health Care, Tacoma, WA
- East Pierce Family Medicine, Puyallup, WA
- Family Medicine Residency of Western MT, Missoula, MT
- Puyallup Tribal Health Authority/Puyallup Takopid Family Medicine, Tacoma, WA
- Montana Family Medicine, Billings, MT
- Skagit Regional Health, Mt Vernon, WA
- Sollus Northwest Family Medicine, Grandview, WA
- Trios Health, Kennewick, WA
In 2015 Pacific Northwest University and Family Medicine Residency Network (FMRN) formed a collaborative program to create osteopathic faculty development programs that would help Family Medicine Residencies within the FMRN towards osteopathic recognition and support the unified accreditation movement. As we develop osteopathic faculty development workshops, they will be listed on the page below for event information, times, dates and CME availability.
Residency Fair, February 21, 2018
PNWU’s 2018 Residency Fair on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 is a unique opportunity to connect students and representatives from residency programs across the Pacific Northwest. Meet the regional residency program faculty, residents and administration from each program, eat snacks and mingle with leadership to learn about residency life.