PNWU is proud to assist service members, veterans, and their families in accessing the education benefits they have earned through their years of service to our nation. If you have served in one or more branches of the US military, you may be eligible for education benefits provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Those who are currently serving in the military may also be eligible for funding offered through the Department of Defense Tuition Assistance Program. In addition, if you are the spouse or child of a deceased or disabled veteran or a service member who is eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill, you may qualify for education benefits.
PNWU must receive official notification of the student's eligibility and will certify the student's enrollment with the Veterans Administration. Visit the Washington State Guide for Veterans Attending College, and the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs for complete information on benefits and funding opportunities.
Veteran Continuing Students
Each term in which you would like to receive VA education benefits at PNWU, the continuing VA student must notify the PNWU Financial Aid Office by emailing ude.uwnp@dianif.
- Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation opportunities for children of current and former Marines
- Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship
- Military.com Scholarship Search
- National Military Family Association Scholarships available to military spouses with a valid military ID
- Thanks USA Scholarships awarded to spouses and dependent children of active-duty military personnel
- Pat Tillman Military Scholarship supports our nation’s active-duty service members, veterans, and military spouses by investing in their higher education
- VA Mortgage Center Military Education Scholarships offers scholarships twice a year, in May and November
- The American Legion Scholarships
- Paralyzed Veterans of America Scholarship
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Scholarships
- Washington State Guide for Veterans Attending College
- U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs